Oct 15, 2012

Water Pricing Scenario in Bangladesh

Water supply in Bangladesh relies mainly on groundwater. In rural areas, more than 97% of the population relies on groundwater for its drinking water supply. In Dhaka, 82% of the water supply is abstracted from groundwater that is free of arsenic, while four surface water treatment plants provide the remaining 18%.[1] 99% of the urban population and 97% of the rural population had access to an improved source of water supply according to the Demographic and Health Survey of 2004. [2]